Sunday, March 8, 2009

Orange (i.e. the best) intentions


I just got home from Wall Street (a bar in Jax) and, for like the hundredth time, someone told me they saw an awesome Orange vehicle but didn't have a camera at the ready to capture it. In this case, it was TU reporter Matt Coleman, who said he spotted a sweet OV in New Orleans recently but didn't have a camera onhand.

To me, this is just as cool as getting Orange vehicle pics at orangevehicles@gmail.com, because it tells me that people are thinking Orange.

I always tell people not to do stupid things to get pics. Don't follow OVs in traffic, because it could scare the drivers. Don't break traffic laws, like running red lights and doing illegal U-turns, to get a pic. Also it's a bad idea to photograph OVs while driving.

All of life's best, most exhilarating activities, from skydiving to riding with the Blue Angels, requires one exercise good, common sense. Photographing OVs is right up there with life's most meaningful activities and requires the same horse sense for successful completion.

So even if you don't have a camera handy or can't get to the OV in traffic, don't panic. I am just as happy to get an e-mail at orangevehicles@gmail.com describing it to me.

Oh, and BTW, included here is an Orange VW photographed in January by David Hunt, who basically broke all the rules to get it. I am not condoning his behavior, but I am definitely celebrating his enthusiasm and stuff.

Jeff

ps -- not to criticize Coleman, but hats off to Hunt for having the camera ready. Matt, better luck next time!

2 comments:

  1. i have never thought about it before but I'm not sure I've even seen a big orange vehicle out on the street. I am going to be keeping an eye out now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, hi!

    If other peoples' experience is any indication, you'll start seeing them everywhere, all the time.

    Let me know!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete