Monday, September 21, 2009

"Vols beat Gators 13-23"



Yeah, you read that right.

Saturday's UT-UF matchup was sweet for Tennessee fans and bitter for Gator fans. No trouncing of the Vols, no heroics by Timmy Bob Tebow, no embarrassing loss for Lane Kiffin. The only thumping administered was to "Mr. Intensity," made to look like a chump by the Big Orange defense ("Coach, are they allowed to sack me so many times?") How embarrassing for Gator Nation that the Gators could lay a paltry 23 points on a team that doesn't even have a QB.

And behold, I'm not the only one who saw the UT's loss as a victory. The Knoxville News-Sentinel's Mike Strange columnized that "Never, I would propose, has Tennessee felt so upbeat after losing to the dreaded Gators."

I agree, except they ain't so dreaded.

Jeff

PS - thanks to my brother Rodneyla for providing these cool space vehicle images from the Smithsonian and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,
    Your blog has a very innovative theme, which is why I have posted it as one of my Vol blogs on my fledgling Vol Football site.
    And I like the title of this post - reminiscent of the famous Harvard school newspaper article.
    Keep up your good ideas.
    I look forward to coming back often.

    ReplyDelete