Friday, January 15, 2010

Underwhelming Pride



One of the supervisors at work came up to me today and asked if I had heard that Tennessee hired Dooley as its next football coach. "Who?" I said. He told me, and then I said, "who?"

Sure enough, the new Vols head football coach is Derek Dooley (how they lured him away from Louisiana Tech I'll never know, snort).

I ask you, could there have been news less inspiring, more underwhelming than this?

But OK, we gotta give the guy a chance. So with that, good luck, Coach Dooley.

Now this Orange and white dump truck will lift many a spirit in the Orange Nation. It was provided by UT grad Logan Lark.

"I think this is a machine brought in from far away to help with the replacement of our town's boardwalk," he wrote to BOVB. " I live near Ocean City, Maryland. Anyway, since it's a garbage truck, you could maybe say you brought it in to clean up after the BOVB birthday party."

He's referring to the blog's one-year anniversary, which was Jan. 14.

Thanks, Logan. Great pix.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. 4 different people posted posts today, saying Pat of Ladys' basketball coaching fame should be the new football coach. (I think that's who they meant.)
    Cool truck, huh? Looks like a toy!
    ~Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the Lady Vols coach taking over the football program. I guess it's too late now, though.

    ReplyDelete