Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Let's get this thing moving!



I was just fixin to start writing about how super awesome GoVolsXtra.com has some great stories on their site right now about UT football practice, which opened yesterday. It's great seeing the players in helmets and Orange jerseys.

Then I glanced at my watch, which says "8-05." That means it's exactly 30 days until Tennessee takes on Western Kentucky at Neyland Stadium. Yee haw. This has been the longest, most painful-yet-exciting off season I can ever remember.

Apparently that's what Coach Kiffin's been saying (on Twitter and elsewhere) and it's the message he sent the players by ordering full-speed-ahead practice on Day One.

“I just think that’s how you build a team that’s going to be physical and is going to be able to run the ball and is going to be able to play such a tough schedule," he told GoVolsXtra.com. (See the rest of the story by clicking HERE.)

I know the rest of Vol Nation joins me in let's get this thing going, y'all!

And I figured the perfect pix to get us moving in the right direction are these two supplied by my brother Rod, who lives in Knoxville. He always comes through with cool stuff and these two are perfect because they mirror the tough, physical and fast qualities CLK is trying to build into our team.

GO VOLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment