Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vols Classics



I remember waaaaaaay way way back when Erik Ainge was UT's quarterback. I used to gripe about him all the time. He ran too slow. Couldn't scramble worth a dern ("dern," ha ha, that word cracks me up). Didn't have a strong arm, etc. Then he graduated and the 2008 season came and Tennessee lost 2 million games (including homecoming to Y-effing-Oming) and, you know what, I realized I actually missed Erik Ainge.

Erik, Erik, wherefore art thou, Erik Ainge?

The answer came in today's GoVolsXtra.com story about how ol' Eric's doing in the NFL. Turns out Erik has won the third-string QB job with the NY Jets. Good for him. I hope he goes on to become the next Joe Namath. I'm certainly going to watch the Jets more closely this season.

In the meantime, we just gotta hope Coach Lane Kiffin turns around the remaining QBs (I forget their names) in time to not horribly suck in 2009 (just regular, every day suck would be fine). I'll be at the opener against Western Kentucky; I'm going to celebrate like it's 1999 if we win that one.

OK so now comes the "transition" where I have to segue to the vehicle. Here it is: Ainge is a Vols classic. And so's this beautiful VW van supplied by my awesome nephew Patrick Stewart up in Knoxpatch. It's hands down one of the best OVs published on the blog yet and Patrick's first.

WTG, dude.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment