Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Alternative modes


It's hard sometimes to remember that there are legitimate sports other than college football.

Like hoops (which I still can't get excited about) and golf and track and swimming (which the Vols are rockin in this year).

OMG: and baseball.

Don't roll your eyes. College baseball rocks. True, the aluminum bats are hard to get used to, but they beat the steroids in MLB. Personally I'd rather watch UT baseball than hoops any day (which, BTW, I'll be doing in March when a pal and I head to Gainesville to see UT play FLA . . . Click here to see the baseball sked.)

In the realm of vehicles it's also good to remember there are alternate modes of transportation. Exhibit A are these two Orange bikes photographed by John Knorr in Japan last month.

"Hey Bubba," John began his e-mail. "I am surrounded by Orange transportation. More than I would ever have imagined before looking for it."

I'm hearing that from a lot of folks lately, and it's fulfilling for me to know the BOVB is increasing people's Zen-like awareness of their surroundings and, therefore, quality of life.

And we should all try to remember that it's good for the body and soul if we can cycle now and then — especially if it's on an Orange bike.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment