Friday, February 27, 2009

Orange aviation!


Later this morning I'll be hopping on a plane to visit my folks in Nashville. The anticipated plane ride (on Southwest, my fav airline) reminded me of this sweet Orange helo photographed by Larry last weekend at an airshow in Keystone Heights, Fla. (And that's Kris leaning on the front in an effort to hide a UF logo painted on the nose).

This photo marks a milestone for the BOVB because it's the first aircraft photo posted here. FYI, an Orange vehicle is any mode of transportation that is, well, Orange (duh). So a big hoo-rah to Larry and Kris for finding this one and passing it along.

Next it would be great to score Orange boats, trains and airplanes. So keep your eyes peeled and remember to pass along your pics to orangevehicles@gmail.com.

Jeff

PS -- My brother Rod and I spotted a train in Missouri a couple weeks ago being pulled by at least a half dozen Orange engines. I had to fight the urge to pull a U-turn and go chasing after it.

2 comments:

  1. You know Jeff, when you compare it to the banner and other samples of orange on your site, this thing looks kind of yellow to me. Maybe it's your color corretion, but I don't want you to slip and broaden your definition of orange too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robb-- true i think it could be the color correction, but i also think it just might be that the sun was hitting the chopper and made the seat look yellow.

    ReplyDelete