Monday, February 16, 2009

Nashville pick(me)up


Sorry for the late blog posting today. I've been in airports most of the morning and just now got home and rested up enough to tackle the BOVB.

It was a whirlwind, travel-heavy weekend for the Brumley family. Saturday morning I flew from Jax to Nashville, then drove with my brother and dad to Russellville, Ark., where we met up with my mom at my aunt's. Sunday the four of us drove two or so hours north to Branson, Mo., to attend a memorial service for my uncle, Tom Brumley, who died unexpectedly a couple weeks ago at age 73. (Click here to see his Web site). Then we made the long haul from Branson to Nashville Sunday night and I was back on a plane Monday morning.

Physically, it was an exhausting trip. But emotionally, it uplifting to see my aunt, cousins, their kids and hundreds of others who turned out for the memorial.

That said, it was also great being back in Tennessee, because I-40 between Nashville and Memphis was crawling with Orange vehicles of all makes and models. And that reminded me of this sweet Orange and white Jeep pickup snapped by Jeff Hite in Nashville recently. He snapped it driving by LP Field (home of Titans).

"Love the orange blog. I'll be sending many more. Keep it up..." he wrote.

That you can be sure of. Keep the pics coming.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe we didn't get the chance to catch up while you and I were both flying in and out of Nashville.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude there was 0 time for catching up. i got picked up at the airport and whisked off to Arkansas immediately.

    ReplyDelete