Sunday, June 14, 2009

BOVB Celebrates 6 mo!!!


I hear it all the time from friends: "I see Orange vehicles everywhere I go now because of your blog."

The comment is often delivered with equal amounts of disbelief and exasperation. It's always music to my ears because I am spreading the Joy of Orange one photo, one person at a time.

And guess what: It's been six months today!

It's hard to believe the Big Orange Vehicle Blog has hit the half-year mark. Sunday, Jan. 14 was the day my friend Tracy Gallavan, breakfasting at the Metro Diner, casually said to me: "Look at that Orange car." I turned around to see the most amazing, beautiful Lamborghini Murcielago. (Here's a link to that first post).

At the time I was just posting pics of OVs randomly on Facebook. But seeing that awesome OV convinced me the subject that was too big, too important for Facebook. It needed to be its own blog.

Since then many friends and family have submitted photos. They've come in from places like Colorado, Ohio, Tennessee and (duh) Florida. A pal in Japan has submitted several pics from the Land of the Rising Sun. I am excited and grateful for all the submissions. THANK YOU!

So today's pic is especially appropriate. It's TU lifestyle columnist Laura Capitano's first submission (the car was spotted near the Main Street Bridge in downtown Jax). As those of you who have submitted pics can testify, having one of your photos show up on the blog is a major milestone; most other accomplishments in life pale in comparison.

The pic is also perfecto for the day because I am pretty certain this is also Lamborghini. Even if it isn't, it's awesomeness matches that of the very first OV documented on the BOVB, and so it's a fitting candidate for today's anniversary and stuff.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment