Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Houghton hits a Big Orange homer!




It was three or four blistering Florida summers ago when Shannon Houghton was tearing it up as a reporting intern at The Times-Union here in Jacksonville. She turned routine stories into great stories, and great stories into even greaterer ones. She hit home run after home run and then left us for the Great Northwest.

Well clearly time and distance haven't lessened Shannon's ability to smack back-to-back dingers over the wall, y'all! Check out this e-mail received at BOVB HQ today:

On my way home today, I saw two Orange cars back to back in Seattle. I was on my way home from a hike, and I pulled my car over a block away after I realized what I had seen. My boyfriend Toby thought I was completely insane, but I made him surrender his camera so I could get a picture to send to you. [Editor's note: OMG I think I am going to cry!]

The first Orange car was a great creamsicle color and it has some writing near the front wheel well, but I don't know what that means. The other one was a nice pumpkin shade. Let me know if you don't receive the pictures properly or anything. Enjoy, and I hope this is of interest to you! Take care!

Yes, Shannon, it's DEFINITELY of interest and finding two OVs parked together is a first on the blog, so congrats on going above-and-beyond once again!

The BOVB staff (i.e., me and kitty) join the rest of Orange Nation in celebrating your dedication to getting the pic and story, even at the risk of ridicule from your dumbfounded BF! (Who we think is great too for providing the camera).

Wow, dude, you rock.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment