Thursday, April 23, 2009

TGIF and TG for the USCG



It's been one of those weeks.

You know the kind.

One where all those old cliches/sayings come to mind. Like "when it rains it pours"; "can't win for losin'" and the like.

Oh, and how about "Thank God It's Friday."

Yes I need the weekend to rescue me.

If I were to put it in Orange terminology, I'd say I am looking forward to this weekend as much as, say, a stranded boater would be looking foward to the arrival of this awesome US Coast Guard MH-65C Dolphin. This particular aircraft was spotted by Larry and Kris at the Cecil Air Show last weekend. Cecil Field is where its squadron, known as HITRON, is based. (I got to fly with the squadron in 2005, when they used a different kind of helo. Read about it here.)

So let's give thanks to the brave men and women who fly these super cool, Orange machines, just as we give thanks for this upcoming weekend.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment