Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This, my friends, ain't a vehicle


Already this evening I've had several replies to the most recent post about what is and ain't a vehicle and stuff.

Dedicated reader Sandy Strickland wrote in to say "why not?" to the question of whether wheels, by themselves, constitute vehicles. Another co-worker, Alison Powers, said the wheels in the photoraphs below can be counted since they make up PART OF a vehicle (in this case a skateboard).

But then I got two interesting comments via Facebook. One was from Eve Samples, who wrote:

"Wheels, my friend, don't even come close to qualifying. Please remove from blog, lest I launch a national boycott of TBOVB." (I told her go ahead and protest, that with close to a dozen readers, the BOVB cannot be stopped!)

Ike Crumpler then wrote in with this interesting brain teaser: "so wait, BOVB defines vehicle as 'transporting people to and from places'? Then I'm gonna extrapolate and say the most efficient vehicle -- for distance, speed, safety (and surprise) en route to destination is...The Mind." (I replied: show me an Orange brain and it will be posted on the BOVB).

So here is the ruling: Wheels (like the Jax Beach lifeguard stand above) do not constitute vehicles simply because they are Orange. But if they make up a part of a vehicle, then that Orangeness would qualify entire said vehicle for the BOVB.

The ruling has been made.

Jeff

2 comments: